Learn the stunning art of Sashiko stitching with this comprehensive guide that's packed with inspirational ideas. Meaning "little stabs", it's a traditional Japanese sewing method that uses evenly spaced running stitches to create eye-catching geometric patterns.
- 20 patterns and motifs that readers can choose from and use as templates for their own unique Sashiko designs.
- Thorough guidance on the tools, materials and basic techniques,
- Included are large-scale items such as bedding, a door curtain and wall-hanging, and smaller items, such as brooches, greetings cards and notebook covers.
Sashiko Craft explores the history of this strikingly effective technique and demonstrates how to apply it to a range of useful and ornamental items for the home, accessories and gifts.
- Projects include bedding, wall-hangings, greeting cards, notebook covers and brooches.
- This Japanese sewing method is perfect for making modern ornaments, accessories and gifts.
- 20 projects to help you master the stunning art of sashiko.