Why Buy Stitch People?
- Create heirloom-quality, thoughtful gifts for your loved ones
- Learn a new hobby, (or re-learn what your grandma taught you to do decades ago)
- Do a fun project for your summer vacation
- Have a hand-made Christmas, or other holiday
- Tackle a bite-sized cross-stitch project instead of a behemoth
Relive old, fond memories by immortalizing them in cross-stitch
The 2nd Edition of "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People" is great for all skill levels, from complete beginners to advanced stitchers!
- Excellent book usability: Color- and symbol-coded tab system, detailed table of contents, extensive glossary, blank character design pages
- How-to's: cross-stitching, special stitches, curly hair, straight hair, lace techniques, patterned clothing techniques, tattoos, and more
- Mix-and-match cross-stitch patterns/designs for:
- Women's and men's hairstyles, heads, clothing, and bodies
- Babies (sitting, being held, strollers, high chairs, cribs, etc.)
- Multiple children's body sizes, head shapes, and hairstyles
- Pets: cats, dogs, various other small pets
- Over 40 dog breeds (see the FAQ page for the full list of breeds) and 16 cat breeds
- Accessories: countless options like purses, sports items, bouquets, eyeglasses, and more, including wheelchairs, crutches, walkers and canes
- Sixteen (16) alphabet / font styles
- DMC color recommendations for skin tones (light, medium, dark hues), hair colors (blonde, brown, red, black, gray), and denim
- Materials descriptions and checklist for easy shopping lists
- Many example patterns to inspire your creativity
- Photos of over 90 unique, stitched custom portraits for inspiration: most photos submitted by Stitch People fans, like you!
- Tutorials for two different framing options (frame and hoop)
- 192 pages, 8.5"W x 11"H, spiral bound (so it lays flat!), matte-finish cover