This issue is filled with gorgeous projects in a range of favourite needlework styles. Following on from her popular
Catherine de’ Medici design in issue 107, Maria Rita Faleri has created a stunning cushion cover featuring stylised
birds and finished with hand-knotted tassels. The issue also showcases beautiful crewel embroidery, stumpwork with
multiple techniques, pretty surface and counted thread embroidery, and sparkling Japanese-style bead embroidery.
Also enjoy feature articles by Ansie van der Walt including: Layer by Layer with Marina Knyazeva; My Faded Laundry
with Carol-lyn Jackson and The Alanakar Project with Liz Williamson.
- Revival by Brenda Sortwell
- Large hexagon box topped with glorious autumn colours in crewel embroidery, with matching needle boxand scissor sheath.
- The Hedgerow by Kay Dennis
- Delightful stumpwork panel of hedgerow fruits and flowers, visited by a delicate butterfly and ladybird.
- Natural Wonder by Maria Rita Faleri
- Catherine de’ Medici cushion cover featuring enchanting bird motifs and finished with hand-knotted tassels.
- Macaron Magic by Merrilyn Whittle
- Cute macaron purses in four colourways showcasing Japanese-style bead embroidery.
- Shaker Spool Box by Betsy Morgan
- Handy counted thread box for sewing thread spools with places for scissors, needles and an emery.
- Interlude by Di Kirchner
- Stunning crewel cushion featuring vibrant fruits and acorns.
- Button Bouquets by Pat Olski
- Beautiful Dorset buttons enhance a pincushion and tape measure cover worked with timeless cross stitch.
- Angel’s Breath by Taetia McEwen
- Pretty ribbon and velvet flowers are combined to decorate a lampshade and wreath.